Monday, November 7, 2011

Occupy Wall Street: A Business Perspective

Read Christopher Salute's Post

It wouldn't take long for anyone reading my faculty blog to realize that my views tend to be somewhat liberal when it comes to economic issues (to say the least!). But I don't ever want it to be thought that I don't appreciate the intelligent opinions of people whose perspectives are markedly different from my own.

I also think that what the American public needs now more than ever is an honest exchange of ideas about the future of our country. So all thoughtful positions should be explored, discussed, and debated--and this is particularly true, I think, of positions that one doesn't necessarily agree with or may even find personally offensive.

Christopher Salute of the Molloy College Division of Business has written a blog post about Occupy Wall Street that deserves to be read precisely because it presents an intelligent perspective on the movement that offers some legitimate criticism. I don't necessarily agree with everything he says in his post, but I know that, if we sat down together to discuss the issues he raises, we could have a civil discussion that might actually lead to greater understanding of these issues on both our parts.

So read his post; comment on it, critique it, praise it...whatever you like. Just take the time to educate yourself on the important issues of the day.

And that, after all, is what being an informed citizen is really all about.


----------------



Join us at Molloy College on Wednesday, November 16th for "Occupy Wall Street: The Meaning, The Movement, The Controversy."


No comments:

Post a Comment